Yonyx enables Organizations to deliver customer self service the way live agents do!
Customers prefer to find solutions to their problems with your product on the internet. They search forums, FAQs, KB articles – helpful videos and such and if they can’t find help – they call your support desk. All this time, they are searching based on the symptoms they face –
- My phone is dead.
- I can’t send email but I can receive them.
- The brightness of my screen is very dim.
- My printer doesn’t connect to my computer wirelessly etc.
- I need to move my s/w license from one mass-spec to another.
- My server hangs when running this software.
But each of these symptoms could happen due to multiple root causes. Your phone could be dead because you simply have not charged it well or because of a loose wire, or because it relies on internet (VOIP) or because it has a hardware issue etc.
Using our unique approach, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in your organization create AGI (Author Guided Interactive) Agents for each of your top call drivers. Each AGI Agent is created as a multimedia flow-chart that starts from a symptom customers frequently call about and captures the knowledge of routine troubleshooting pathways corresponding to multiple root causes for a given symptom.
The case study below describes results obtained by a Client after using the Yonyx Platform for nearly one year.
The client in this case study is a premier provider of hosted business communication, collaboration, and IT solutions to businesses of all sizes. Its customers include companies ranging from SOHO to Fortune 500 – with particular expertise supporting legal, financial, healthcare, and telecom firms.
Customer Support Challenges Faced by Client
Client was adding new products that were taxing the customer support staff though not yet adding sizable new revenue. Client wanted to free up some support resources by enhancing customer self service. Client has a support staff of 35 members, working across three shifts – including some working the graveyard shift.
They already had a CRM system (Oracle RightNow) implemented few years ago, which came with a Knowledgebase. While they had written hundreds of articles, Customer usage (& web traffic) was low. Furthermore, they had many How-To documents published as PDF documents that gave detailed instructions for many routine tasks those Customers otherwise called about.
As a provider of hosted application solutions, their Customers were segregated into a couple dozen server farms. Thus, the self-service instructions – while roughly identical across all Customers had to include specific URLs and pathnames based on the Server Farm that a specific Customer’s account resided on. Thus, they had to publish and maintain a couple dozen copies of each PDF how-to document. Needless to say, all of these factors together made enhancing Customer Self Service a challenging task for the Client to pursue.
Client chose Yonyx for a few simple reasons:
- AGI Benefits: The PDF documents they published – at times ran into 15 pages of information for a particular How-To article. This was so, because it contained information for ALL Customers, i.e. for all supported operating systems, supported mobile devices, account types etc.
Customers who even viewed the PDF or downloaded it – had a hard time helping themselves. With the Yonyx platform, Client realized it was easier to let Customers incrementally learn information they were seeking, with Author guidance.
- Context Sensitive Videos: A picture is worth a thousand words, they say. A video then could be worth a thousand pictures. Client had the ability to create generic videos and publish them on their portal page – however they discovered with Yonyx they could show the Customer small, context sensitive videos that contain exactly the information that would be relevant to the Customer’s root-cause.
Later, during implementation, a single Yonyx created by the Client contained nearly 50 videos – although an average Customer traversing it along a pathway specific to his scenario may only need to watch a couple of them.
- Natural way to express troubleshooting self-help: It is hard to write articles that say “If you have trouble syncing your Android device with your Outlook Calendar, and your Mobile device is set to Sync calendar, and your phone is not set to sync with another email account, then you should follow the steps below to reset your phone!
It is harder still for Customers to find the right article and then go through it. Yonyx (an AGI Agent that Customers can follow one step at a time from the symptom to the root-cause) provides a proven technique for delivering such information for Customers to help themselves.
- Tightly Integrated with Client Portal: Yonyx Platform can be tightly integrated with Client Portal. In this case, the Integration was such that while the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) created one Yonyx for each main Call driver, the information shown to the Customer traversing the Yonyx was changed on the fly using map variables buried in the content.
The information shown to the Customers was corresponding to Server Farm where the Customer account was hosted. This eliminated the need for a couple dozen different versions of the content that needed to be maintained previously.
- Integrated with Client CRM: After traversing a pathway in Yonyx – if a Customer needs to escalate an issue to L2 Helpdesk, he can do that by a simple click of a button. Such escalation creates a ticket in the CRM/Helpdesk system that contains the pathway traversed by the Customer. Now the L2 support Agent handling the Incident can be better prepared & doesn’t have to make the Customer repeat himself.
Implementation & Go-Live
After a brief initial training the Subject Matter Experts quickly created few large Yonices (including one that required creating nearly 50 original screen cast videos) in a few weeks. During this time:
- Each SME completed creating content. [Approximately 100 person-hours of time was spent altogether in this activity.]
- Yonyx completed integration with Client CRM system.
- The look n feel of Yonyx pages was customized to Client portal’s look n feel.
- Integration with Client portal was completed.
After completing the Implementation Cycle, Client went live by:
- Publishing the Support Portal pages with the Yonyx Catalog.
- Simply sending out an email to Customers introducing the new support solution.
As Customers started traversing through Yonices to help themselves instead of calling Helpdesk – Client SMEs started monitoring the Traversal Analytics & incrementally updating content based on customer feedback and cases escalated in the CRM system.
The Productivity Reports enclosed here indicate that the Client in this case study achieved over 12X improvement in Productivity – i.e. for every hour SMEs invested in creating or updating Yonices, they have been able to address 12X the number of Incidents they could have addressed talking live to Customers.
Based on the initial success Client plans to create Yonices for another product line that represents a larger part of their business.
|Month After Deployment||M1||M2||M3||M4||M5||M6||M7||M8||M9||M10||M11||M12|
|Author Hours (Time Spent in Authoring /Updating Yonices)||99||3||4||3||5||2||5||4||2||2||3||2|
Handled via Yonyx
Incidents Handled via Yonyx
with Yonyx (Incidents Handled/Author Hours)
of Live Agent = Incident Handling Capacity/Hour
Handling Productivity Gain (%)
Escalated via Yonyx
Incidents Escalated via Yonyx