Terms Of Service
THIS TERMS OF SERVICE (“AGREEMENT”) GOVERNS YOUR ACQUISITION AND USE OF OUR SERVICES.
IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
Please review the definition of terms used in this document by clicking on this link.
Company may enhance the Services offered by it, from time to time, for any reason, and without notice.
You may not access the Services if You are Our direct competitor, except with Our prior written consent. In addition, You may not access the Services for purposes of monitoring their availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes. This Agreement is effective between You and Us as of the date of You accepting this Agreement, or submitting a signed Order Form.
If you do not agree to any of these terms, then please do not use this Web Site.
1. THIRD PARTY CONTENT
This Web Site displays Guides created by Authors, over whom Company exercises no control. Company cannot and does not screen the Guides so created, before or after allowing them to be made available to Visitors or Users. Individual Guides may thus contain material or links to files that some Visitors (or Users) find incorrect, misleading, inappropriate, objectionable, or offensive. We cannot guarantee that any Guides made available through the Web Site will be satisfactory to everybody.
Content on the Web Site is thus provided to you AS IS and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the Authors or the organization they represent.
2. PURCHASED SERVICES
3. USE OF THE SERVICES
- Our Responsibilities. We shall: (i) provide Our basic support for the Purchased Services to You at no additional charge. (ii) use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Purchased Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, subject to (a) the terms of the Service Level Agreement (included herewith), or (b) any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God, acts of government, floods, fires, earthquakes, civil unrest, acts of terror, strikes or other labor problems (other than those involving Our employees), Internet service provider failures or delays, or denial of service attacks, and (iii) provide the Purchased Services only in accordance with applicable laws and government regulations.
- Our Protection of Your Data. We shall maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Your Data. We shall not (a) modify Your Data, unless requested by You in writing, (b) disclose Your Data except as compelled by law or as expressly permitted in writing by You, or (c) access Your Data except to provide the Services and prevent or address service or technical problems, or at Your request in connection with customer support matters.
- Your Responsibilities. You shall (i) be responsible for Users’ compliance with this Agreement, (ii) be responsible for the accuracy, quality and legality of Your Data and of the means by which You acquired Your Data, (iii) use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of the Services, and notify Us promptly of any such unauthorized access or use, and (iv) use the Services only in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and applicable laws and government regulations. You shall not (a) assign as Authors anyone other than Users, (b) sell, resell, rent or lease the Services unless you have entered into an Agreement with Company to do so, (c) use the Services to store or transmit infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy rights, (d) use the Services to store or transmit Malicious Code, (e) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Services or third-party data contained therein, or (f) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or their related systems or networks.
4. FEES AND PAYMENT FOR PURCHASED SERVICES
- You shall pay all fees specified in all Order Forms hereunder. Except as otherwise specified herein, (i) fees are described in the Order Form, (ii) payment obligations are non-cancellable and fees paid are non-refundable, and (iii) the quantity of Services purchased cannot be decreased during the relevant subscription term stated on the Order Form. All fees are based on periods described in the Order Form.
- Invoicing and Payment. You will provide Us with valid and updated credit card information, or with a valid purchase order or alternative document reasonably acceptable to Us. If You provide credit card information to Us, You authorize Us to charge such credit card for all Services listed in the Order Form for the initial subscription term and any renewal subscription term(s). Such charges shall be made in advance, in accordance with any billing frequency stated in the applicable Order Form. If the Order Form specifies that payment will be by a method other than a credit card, We will invoice You in advance and otherwise in accordance with the relevant Order Form. Unless otherwise stated in the Order Form, invoiced charges are due net 30 days from the invoice date. You are responsible for providing complete and accurate billing and contact information to Us and notifying Us of any changes to such information.
- Overdue Charges. If any charges are not received from You by the due date, then at Our discretion, (a) such charges may accrue late interest at the rate of 1.5% of the outstanding balance per month, or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is lower, from the date such payment was due until the date paid, and/or (b) We may condition future subscription renewals and Order Forms on payment terms shorter than those specified in Section “Invoicing and Payment”, just above.
- Suspension of Services. If any amount owing by You under this or any other agreement for Our services is 30 or more days overdue (or 10 or more days overdue in the case of amounts You have authorized Us to charge to Your credit card), We may, without limiting Our other rights and remedies, accelerate Your unpaid fee obligations under such agreements so that all such obligations become immediately due and payable, and suspend Our services to You until such amounts are paid in full. We will give You at least 7 days’ prior notice that Your account is overdue, before suspending services to You.
- Payment Disputes. We shall not exercise Our rights under Section “Overdue Charges” or “Suspension of Services” if You are disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and are cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute.
- Taxes. Unless otherwise stated, Our fees do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including but not limited to value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes, assessable by any local, state, provincial, federal or foreign jurisdiction (collectively, “Taxes”). You are responsible for paying all Taxes associated with Your purchases hereunder. If We have the legal obligation to pay or collect Taxes for which You are responsible under this paragraph, the appropriate amount shall be invoiced to and paid by You, unless You provide Us with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate taxing authority. For clarity, We are solely responsible for taxes assessable against Us based on Our income, property and employees.
5. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
- Reservation of Rights in Services. Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, We reserve all rights, title and interest in and to the Services, including all related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to You hereunder other than as expressly set forth herein.
- Restrictions. You shall not (i) permit any third party (except Visitors) to access the Services except as permitted herein or in an Order Form, (ii) create derivative works based on the Services except as authorized herein, (iii) copy, frame or mirror any part or content of the Services (iv) reverse engineer the Services, or (v) access the Services in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, or (b) copy any features, functions or graphics of the Services.
- Your Data. Subject to the limited rights granted by You hereunder, We acquire no right, title or interest from You or Your licensors under this Agreement in or to Your Data, including any intellectual property rights therein.
- Suggestions. We shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to use and incorporate into the Services any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback provided by You, including Users & Visitors, relating to the operation of the Services.
- Compliments. We shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to use any compliments received from Visitors or Users through the Web Site, for our marketing purposes.
- Customer List. We shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to use your name, logo & publicly available information from the “About Us” section on your website to include in our Customer List for marketing purposes. The choice of using this information is solely at our discretion.
- Definition of Confidential Information. As used herein, “Confidential Information” means all confidential information disclosed by a party (“Disclosing Party”) to the other party (“Receiving Party”), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure. Your Confidential Information shall include Your Data, except to the extent disclosed to Visitors as per the access granted to it by You through Guides; Our Confidential Information shall include all features & aspects of Services available to Users, but not including features & aspects available to Visitors; and Confidential Information of each party shall include all Order Forms, as well as business and marketing plans, technology and technical information, product plans and designs, and business processes disclosed by such party. However, Confidential Information shall not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (ii) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (iii) is received from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, or (iv) was independently developed by the Receiving Party.
- Protection of Confidential Information. The Receiving Party shall use the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information of like kind (but in no event less than reasonable care) including (i) not to use any Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement, and (ii) except as otherwise authorized by the Disclosing Party in writing, to limit access to Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to those of its and its Affiliates’ employees, contractors and agents who need such access for purposes consistent with this Agreement and who have signed confidentiality agreements with the Receiving Party containing protections no less stringent than those herein.
- Neither party shall disclose the terms of any Order Form to any third party other than its Affiliates and their legal counsel and accountants without the other party’s prior written consent.
7. WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
- We represent and warrant that all right, title and interest whatsoever, in and to the Software & Software Documentation (inclusive of all enhancements, changes, and modifications made over time), including all intellectual property and other proprietary rights therein is, and shall be, owned solely and exclusively by Us and/or our third party licensors.
- Our Warranties: We warrant that (i) We have validly entered into this Agreement and have the legal power to do so, (ii) the Services shall perform materially in accordance with our recorded Training, (iii) the functionality of the Services will not be materially decreased during a subscription term, and (iv) We will not transmit Malicious Code to You, provided it is not a breach of this subpart (v) if You or a User uploads a file containing Malicious Code into the Services and later downloads the same. For any breach of a warranty above, Your exclusive remedy shall be as provided in Section 10 “Termination for Cause” and “Refund or Payment upon Termination” below.
- Your Warranties: You warrant that You have validly entered into this Agreement and have the legal power to do so.
- Disclaimer. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND EACH PARTY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
8. MUTUAL INDEMNIFICATION
- Indemnification by Us. We shall defend You against any claim, demand, suit, or proceeding made or brought against You by a third party alleging that the use of the Services as permitted hereunder infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third party (a “Claim Against You”), and shall indemnify You for any damages, attorney fees and costs finally awarded against You as a result of, and for amounts paid by You under a court-approved settlement of a Claim Against You; provided that You (a) promptly give Us written notice of the Claim Against You; (b) give Us sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against You (provided that We may not settle any Claim Against You unless the settlement unconditionally releases You of all liability); and (c) provide to Us all reasonable assistance, at Our expense. In the event of a Claim Against You, or if We reasonably believe the Services may infringe or misappropriate, We may in Our discretion and at no cost to You (i) modify the Services so that they no longer infringe or misappropriate, without breaching Our warranties under “Our Warranties” above, (ii) obtain a license for Your continued use of the Services in accordance with this Agreement, or (iii) terminate Your User subscriptions for such Services upon 30 days’ written notice and refund to You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term after the effective date of termination.
- Indemnification by You. You shall defend Us against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against Us by a third party alleging that Your Data, or Your use of the Services in breach of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third party or violates applicable law (a “Claim Against Us”), and shall indemnify Us for any damages, attorney fees and costs finally awarded against Us as a result of, or for any amounts paid by Us under a court-approved settlement of, a Claim Against Us; provided that We (a) promptly give You written notice of the Claim Against Us; (b) give You sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against Us (provided that You may not settle any Claim Against Us unless the settlement unconditionally releases Us of all liability); and (c) provide to You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
- Exclusive Remedy. This Section 8 (Mutual Indemnification) states the indemnifying party’s sole liability to, and the indemnified party’s exclusive remedy against, the other party for any type of claim described in this Section.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- EXCEPT FOR BREACH OF SECTION 6 (CONFIDENTIALITY), NEITHER PARTY’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY SINGLE INCIDENT ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY) SHALL EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU HEREUNDER IN THE 12 MONTHS PRECEDING THE INCIDENT, PROVIDED THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY) EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU HEREUNDER. THE FOREGOING SHALL NOT LIMIT YOUR PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS UNDER SECTION 4 (FEES AND PAYMENT FOR PURCHASED SERVICES).
- Exclusion of Consequential and Related Damages. IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COVER OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
10. TERM AND TERMINATION
- Term of Agreement. This Agreement commences on the date You accept it and continues until relevant subscription term as mentioned in the Order form, in accordance with this Agreement have expired or been terminated.
- Term of Purchased Services. Services purchased by You commence on the start date specified in the applicable Order Form and continue for the subscription term specified therein. Except as otherwise specified in the applicable Order Form, all subscriptions shall automatically renew for additional periods equal to the expiring subscription term or one year (whichever is shorter), unless either party gives the other notice of non-renewal at least 30 days before the end of the relevant subscription term.
- Termination for Cause. A party may terminate this Agreement for cause: (i) upon 30 days written notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- Refund or Payment upon Termination. Upon any termination for cause by You, We shall refund You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all subscriptions after the effective date of termination.
- Upon any termination for cause by Us, You shall pay any unpaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all Order Forms after the effective date of termination. In no event shall any termination relieve You of the obligation to pay any fees payable to Us for the period prior to the effective date of termination.
- Surviving Provisions. Section 4 (Fees and Payment for Purchased Services), 5 (Proprietary Rights), 6 (Confidentiality), 7.3 (Disclaimer), 8 (Mutual Indemnification), 9 (Limitation of Liability), 10.4 (Refund or Payment upon Termination), 10.5 (Upon any termination for cause by Us) 11 (Who You Are Contracting With, Notices, Governing Law and Jurisdiction) and 12 (General Provisions) shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
11. WHO YOU ARE CONTRACTING WITH, NOTICES, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- General. You are contracting with Company under this Agreement & You should direct any notices to
President & CEO
640 W. California Avenue, Suite 210
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
- This Agreement will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Country where You are headquartered without regard to conflict of laws principles.
- Manner of Giving Notice. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices, permissions and approvals hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given upon: (i) personal delivery, (ii) upon delivery confirmation by a track able courier, or (iii) the first business day after sending by email (provided email shall not be sufficient for notices for an indemnifiable claim). Billing-related notices to You shall be addressed to the relevant billing contact, if designated by You. All other notices to You shall be addressed to the relevant Operations contact designated by You.
12. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Relationship of the Parties. The parties are independent contractors. This Agreement does not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship between the parties.
- Waiver. No failure or delay by either party in exercising any right under this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of that right.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the provision shall be modified by the court and interpreted so as best to accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in effect.
- Attorney Fees. You shall pay on demand all of Our reasonable attorney fees and other costs incurred by Us to collect any fees or charges due Us under this Agreement following Your breach of Section 4.2 (Invoicing and Payment).
- Assignment. Neither party may assign any of its rights or obligations hereunder, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the other party (not to be unreasonably withheld).Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may assign this Agreement in its entirety (including all Order Forms), without consent of the other party, to its Affiliate or in connection with a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets not involving a direct competitor of the other party. A party’s sole remedy for any purported assignment by the other party in breach of this paragraph shall be, at the non-assigning party’s election, termination of this Agreement upon written notice to the assigning party. In the event of such a termination, We shall refund to You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all subscriptions after the effective date of termination. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement shall bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including all exhibits and addenda hereto and all Order Forms, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, proposals or representations, written or oral, concerning its subject matter. No modification, amendment, or waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall be effective unless in writing and either signed or accepted electronically by the party against whom the modification, amendment or waiver is to be asserted. However, to the extent of any conflict or inconsistency between the provisions in the body of this Agreement and any exhibit or addendum hereto or any Order Form, the terms of such exhibit, addendum or Order Form shall prevail.
- Notwithstanding any language to the contrary therein, no terms or conditions stated in Your purchase order or other order documentation (excluding Order Forms) shall be incorporated into or form any part of this Agreement, and all such terms or conditions shall be null and void.