A decision tree is a workflow chart that enables your company to provide automated customer support. By following the natural actions of a customer who is troubleshooting a problem, you can provide enough support that doesn’t require a phone call to your company.
Yonyx enables organizations to create decision tree driven interactive guides for troubleshooting or how-to related customer self service.
Before you can provide creative customer support automation, you need to identify common problems and likely solutions customers can attempt. The more thorough you are during the planning process, the more the customer experience will be enhanced by automated customer support.
As you model your decision tree with the help of a customer support analyst, follow these best practices when creating a decision tree:
- Brainstorm extensively about the variables and common problems customers may encounter.
- Consider all solutions that customers may attempt while troubleshooting.
- Prioritize the solutions listed in order of likeliness to resolve the problem.
- Replicate the customer experience to see the issue from a new perspective.
- Start a new pathway for each variable that represents a common customer problem.
- Follow through to reach the end of every possible variable and solution.
- Make sure the decision tree flows like a conversation with a helpdesk staff member.
- Color code the variables and solutions so that the decision tree is easily understandable.
[button_box header=”” buttontext=”New Approach to Customer Service You will Absolutely Love!” link=”https://corp.yonyx.com/”][/button_box]